Skip to main content

Residential Service Requests

Use our secure web-based forms for everything from opening up a new account,
notifiying us of a move or arranging for automatic withdrawals.

Application for New Service

This is the starting point for all new residential customer applications. An account setup charge of $30.00 plus HST is apoplicable for setting up a new Burlington Hydro account. You may be asked to provide a deposit at any time. Deposits are held as a security to guarantee future charges.

Go to the Application for New Service Form

Change of Service - Moving within or out of the service area

Use this form to change you service address. Please allow at least five business days’ notice before your last planned day of service. We will do a final meter reading within two to five days of your move date.

Go to the Change of Service Form

Owner / Landlord Continuous Service Agreement

Burlington Hydro offers a Continuous Service Option to owners and landlords of properties occupied by tenants. By signing this Continuous Service Agreement you ensure that there will be no interruption in electrical service if a tenant moves out and Burlington Hydro has no new tenant information on file.

Go to the Owner/Landlord Continuous Service Agreement

Residential Equal Payment & Pre-authorized Payments

These two payment plans are convenient ways to streamline billing and payments. Use one of both in combination. With Pre-authorized Payments, the total amount owing is automatically withdrawn from your account on the due date. With Equal Payment, twelve equal monthly payments will be withdrawn from your account on the date you choose.

Go to the Pre-authorized Payment Plan Form
Go to the Equal Payment Plan Form

Deposit Waiver Form

This is a mandatory form to arrange for a deposit waiver. A non-refundable $25.00 fee for residential customers and a $42.00 for commercial/industrial customers will apply for a required credit check.

Go to the Deposit Waiver Form

Water-Wastewater Billing Authorization

Use this form to directly bill from the service address for all water and wastewater charges that are attributable to the property.

Go to the Billing Authorization Form